Vihula Manor Ecological Responsibility
Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa is Green Key certified. Green Key is a voluntary eco-label for tourism facilities that promotes sustainable tourism and aims to contribute to the prevention of climate change by awarding and advocating facilities showing ecological responsibility.
The management of Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa is taking the green commitment a step further and would like to see the property giving a direction for the hospitality industry when it comes to ecological repsonsibility.
The management is fully committed to that both in the development and the daily operations of the estate. The practical guidelines for the development and the operations to fullfill the commitment are the following:
- Using natural and eco-friendly materials and applying energy-saving solutions in all restoration and construction work at the estate.
- Using sustainable and renewable energy sources to power as much as possible of the estate, in particular using geothermal heating, solar energy and wind energy as the main sources of heating and lightening at the estate.
- Reducing the ecological impact on sourounding nature and envirronment by sorting and recycling garbage and by complete cleaning of own sewage water.
- Reducing the consumption of energy and water by carefully monitoring the consumption at all indoor and out-door facilities.
- Using green and ecological principles for all gardening and farming activities at the estate, promoting natural and organic food and using as much as possible of ecological produce from the estate’s own garden and farm and from local gardens and farms.
- Using natural and ecologically balanced products in all operations of the estate’s Eco-SPA.
- Promoting natural and ecological balanced products in the estate’s gift, design and fashion shops.
- Developing and promoting possibilities of eco-friendly leisure activities in the nature such as hiking, biking, slow boating, team sport activities and similar.
- Arranging education on sustainable development and environmental awareness for the management, staff, guests and suppliers of the estate.
- Arranging an annual Green Day and engaging management, staff, guests, suppliers and the local community into environmental and protective activities.
We kindly ask our guests to support these efforts and help us to protect the envirronment during their stay at Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa by
- Using water, heat and light responsibly
- Reducing consumption of laundry services by placing towels on the bathroom floor only when they need to be changed
- Placing recycling packages next to the dustbin, leaving paper and carton on the table and all other waste in the dustbin
- Leaving used batteries or other dangerous waste at the reception desk
- Enjoying nature on foot, by bicycle or boat or on our electricity powered golf buggies
- Enjoying activive holiday holiday playing team sports, tennis or minigolf and walking on the nature trails around the estate